Wednesday, February 5, 2014




Heyy I'm Dionysus and this is my blog ;D You may think you've heard my name before, and you probably have (I'm suuuuper famous lol) I'm one of the twelve gods of Mt. Olympus, the god of ecstasy, wine, theatre, and merrymaking. I'm a super fun guy with an amazing beautiful wife Ariadne

Look how pretty she is gosh I'm lucky, but even though I have her I still need some extra company, that's where my posse comes in. Mostly satyrs and ladies we wander around the hillside havin' fun and bein' cool. My mom was a mortal, so you may be wondering how I'm a full god, but I have wine to make and parties to attend so I'll let Mnemosyne finish up this post!

Hello, Mnemosyne goddesss of memory and storytelling here to talk about Dionysus's birth. Zeus impregnated Semele, the daughter of Cadmus of Thebes, and Hera became jealous and enraged. So Hera came down to Earth and challenged Semele to prove Zeus was the father of her child. Semele made Zeus swear to the river Styx that he would do whatever she asked of him, he promised and she told him to reveal his god form so she could peer upon him in all his glory. He knew this would be too much for the mortal and begged her to change her mind but Hera's words had planted doubt deep within Semele's heart. So Zeus chose his smallest lightning bolt and showed his true form. Semele evaporated from the power and Zeus had barely enough time to snatch the child from her womb before she was just a pile of ash. Zeus sewed the child into his thigh so he could finish developing, and as he was born from Zeus's thigh he became a fully fledged god, although it was not for many years before he joined the 12 on Mount Olympus. 

7 comments:

  1. I like how you make it sound like the god is talking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was a bit confused as to who Mnemosyne was.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for pointing that out! I made a little change to the beginning of her dialogue to explain.

      Delete
    2. That username is rather unique, and not school appropriate. But then again, who am I to talk(Guillermo Sulvale who is that? Some Mexican?). Usernames aside, your blogs in general are wonderful! The illustrations fit your style, and the way you alternate from Mnemosyne P.O.V. to Dionysus's P.O.V. is absolutely wonderful. Your misspellings and grammatical errors are used well, as to paint a picture of a staggering drunk. Absolutely wonderful!

      Delete
    3. Ah thank you very much! (and I made this account in 6th grade and don't know how to change the name whoops)

      Delete
  3. I like the originality of your posts! You did a great job on it!

    ReplyDelete